Notícias

[:en]Origin of Devotion[:es]Origen de la devoción[:]

[:en]In this new series of article, you can follow the trajectory of devotion to the Eternal Father.[:es]En la nueva serie de reportajes, se acompaña la trayectoria de la devoción al Padre Eterno.[:]

[:en]Who would have imagined that a clay medallion found by an ordinary worker in the old “Barro Preto” area which currently “Trindade” city is located, would change the life of that people and remarkable for the beginning of a wonderful story  of devotion to the Eternal Father. The theme of the series “Evolution of faith in Trindade” starts in this issue of the “Jornal Santuário” [Sanctuary’s Journal]. You can accompany the growth of devotion over the years along with its temples and discover how Trindade has become the Capital of Faith of Goias.

Everything started when the couple, Constantino Xavier and Ana Rosa de Oliveira, settled down close to a river situated 20 Km away from “Campininha das Flores” where Campinas neighborhood is currently established, in Goiania, GO. The area was known as “Barro Preto” due to the brackish water and dark clay found in the riverbank. One day, Constantino was working in the field when he accidentally hit with a hoe an 8-centimeter clay medallion where there was a representation of the Virgin being coroneted by the Most Holy Trinity on it.

“Full of hope and believing the fact was a divine signal, the couple kissed the object and took it to their home. The devotion to the Divine Eternal Father started there and it has spread among millions of people around the world” says the Redemptorist missionary Fr. Angelo Licati. Accorind to him, Constantino and Ana Rosa told their relatives and neighbors about the medallion. Afterwards, they began to meet at the couple’s house in order to pray the rosary, especially on weekends. Thus, the first sanctuary was a family house.

For the geologist and professor, Bento Fleury, this particularity became the genesis of the Pilgrimage of Trindade, which is special as it started within a family. “The propagation of this pilgrimage happened like it happens nowadays: someone starts a novena and invites his neighbors, which also invites other neighbors and other people from a little farther also come. Nearby cities start coming together and this reaches other cities and this becomes a big celebration”, claims Bento.

Sacred icon

In 1842, two years after the medallion had been found and meetings at home, Constantino decided to take the sacred object to Pirenópolis, which was 120 Km away from Barro Preto in order to restore it. Therefore, he contacted a plastic artist, Veiga Valle, who advised him to reproduce a copy of the object carved in wood but larger than the original piece. Thus, the image became a sacred icon of devotion to the Eternal Father.

Constantino gave his horse as a form of payment to the artist and he had to go back home on foot with the work. According to the story, through this act, he was acknowledged as the first pilgrim to walk to Trindade.

From the first chapel to the Mother Church

The news about prodigies, blessings and miracles spread among many people and many devotees from different places came to Trindade either walking, on horses or ox carts in order to ask the father for blessings. As Constantino and Ana’s house could not fit so many people, in 1843, so that he could accommodate the devotees, Constantitno built the first chapel, which the roof was made of “Buriti” palm leaves.

As time went by, the chapel could not fit everybody and other ones were built. In 1866, as decribed in “Enciclopedia dos Municípios Brasileiros” published by the Brazilian Institute of Geography and Statistics (Instituto Brasileiro de Geografia e Estatística; IBGE), the Mother Church of Trindade was built by the Redemptorist Missionaries. You can check this new step of devotion on the next edition of the Sanctuary’s Journal that will keep describing the story of faith and the continuous increase on the number of pilgrims in the Capital of Faith of Goias.[:es]Quién diría que un medallón de barro encontrado en torno de 1840, por un humilde trabajador en la antigua región del Barro Petro, hoy Trindade, cambiaría para siempre la vida de aquel pueblo y marcaría el comienzo de una hermosa historia de devoción al Divino Padre Eterno. Este es el tema de la serie “Evolución de la fe en Trindade”, que tiene inicio en esta edición del Periódico del Santuario. A través del periódico, usted acompaña el crecimiento de la devoción a lo largo de los años, junto con sus templos religiosos, y se descubre cómo Trindade se convirtió en la Capital de la Fe de Goiás.

 

Todo comenzó cuando la pareja minera Constantino Xavier y Ana Rosa de Oliveira, se establecieron en las cercanías de un arroyo situado a unos 20 kilómetros de la Campininha das Flores, actual barrio de Campinas, en la ciudad de Goiânia (GO). Por causa del agua salada y barro oscuro en sus márgenes, el lugar era llamado de Barro Preto. Cierto día, durante el trabajo en el campo, el azadón de Constantino acertó un medallón de barro de aproximadamente 8 centímetros, donde estaba representada la Santísima Trinidad coronando a la Virgen María.

 

“Llenos de fe y creyendo que eso era una señal divina, la pareja besó el objeto y lo llevó a casa. Fue ese momento, que comenzó la devoción hacia el Divino Padre Eterno, hoy vivida por millones de fieles en todo el mundo”, dice el Misionero Redentorista Padre Ângelo Licati. Según él, Constantino y Ana Rosa contaron a sus familiares y vecinos sobre el Medallón. Entonces, todos empezaron a reunirse en la casa de la pareja para rezar el rosario, especialmente durante los fines de semana. Así, la devoción tuvo como primer santuario una casa de familia.

Para el geólogo y profesor Bento Fleury, esta particularidad se ha convertido en la gestación de la Peregrinación de Trindade, diferenciada por nacer en el seno familiar. “La propagación de la peregrinación, sucedió como hasta hoy sucede: una persona comienza una novena y invita a los vecinos, los vecinos llaman a otros vecinos, y los vecinos más distantes también vienen. Las ciudades cercanas se van congregando, las otras ciudades se van acercando y eso se convierte en una fiesta”, señaló Bento.

Icono Sagrado

En 1842, dos años después del encuentro del Medallón y el inicio de las reuniones de oración en su casa, Constantino decidió llevar el objeto sagrado hasta Pirenópolis, a más de 120 kilómetros del entonces poblado Barro Preto, con el fin de restaurarlo. Para ello, buscó al artista plástico goiano Veiga Valle, que le aconsejó hacer una réplica en tamaño mayor tallado en madera. Siendo así, la Imagen se consagró como el Icono Sagrado de la devoción al Divino Padre Eterno.

Como forma de pago, Constantino dejó su caballo para el artista. Fue necesario entonces, hacer el camino de vuelta a pie con la imagen. De acuerdo con la tradición, con este acto, Constantino fue reconocido como el primer peregrino a hacer la caminata hasta Trindade.

De la primera Capilla a la Iglesia Matriz

La noticia de numerosos prodigios, gracias y milagros se extendió, y otros fieles comenzaron a llegar desde varios lugares, a pie, a caballo o en carreta de bueyes, para pedir bendiciones al Padre. Como la casa de la pareja ya no contaba con espacio para muchas personas, en 1843, Constantino construyó la primera capilla, cubierta con hojas de buriti, para acoger a los devotos.

Con el pasar de los años, la capilla también se quedó pequeña y otras fueron edificadas. Hasta que en 1866, según la Enciclopedia de los Municipios Brasileños del Instituto Brasileño de Geografía y Estadística (IBGE), fue construida por los Misioneros Redentoristas aquella que es hoy en día la Iglesia Matriz de Trindade. Esta nueva etapa de la devoción, usted puede acompañarla en la próxima edición del Periódico Santuario, que seguirá contando todo sobre el fortalecimiento de la fe y el aumento de la concentración de peregrinos en la Capital de la Fe de Goiás.[:]


Deixe o seu Comentário


Os comentários são de responsabilidade exclusiva de seus autores e não representam a opinião do site, e podem passar por moderação.

TV Pai Eterno

MATÉRIAS RELACIONADAS






Baixe o aplicativo Pai Eterno

Google Play
App Store