The Discalced Carmelite Order is a branch of the Carmelite Order, formed in 1593, resulting from a reform made to the Carmelite charisma elaborated by St. Teresa of Avila and St. John of the Cross. This branch is divided into three different types of Carmelite family: the Fathers or friars, the cloistered nuns and the laity.
The Carmel of the Holy Trinity emerged from the yearning of D. Antonio Ribeiro de Oliveira, Archbishop Emeritus of Goiânia, who took the necessary steps for the founding of Carmel in Goiás lands. The inauguration of the monastery took place in Trindade in June 7, 2009. The site is intended for Carmelite nuns, whose goal in life is to live in seclusion and practice prayer.
For those who want to visit the place, Carmelo is formed by an outer courtyard which has a fountain of water; public chapel, the outer gatehouse and three parlors, where pilgrims and family can talk, pray and receive spiritual guidance of the Carmelite sisters.
Address: Rua Gabriel Alves de Carvalho, # 875, Bairro Santuário. Trindade, Goiás, Brazil
Hours: Every day from 9:15am to 10:30am and 3:15pm to 4:15pm (except on the 2nd Sunday of each month when there is no customer service)