Vila São Cottolengo
For over 60 years, the Villa St. Joseph Benedict Cottolengo (Vila São Cottolengo) is an example of charity and love for others, like the Italian Father who gives name to the institution. In remembrance and reverence for the religious life, the Village is fully dedicated to the care for people with disabilities and social vulnerability. Known as the most traditional philanthropic work in the Midwest region of Brazil, the house develops oriented social actions for health, education, culture and leisure. For this, it has the support of the Association of Children Eternal Father (Afipe).
Founded in 1951 by the Redemptorists, it is administered by the Fathers of the Congregation of the Most Holy Redeemer and the Daughters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paula. Located in Trindade (GO), it is recognized by the excellent service provided to people with physical and hearing disabilities and rehabilitation.
The Village currently serves 345 long-stay intern patients and more than 20 short stay patients – totaling 365 beneficiaries – who are completely dependent on assistance regarding nutrition, hygiene, care and therapies.
Through an agreement with the Unified Health System (SUS), the entity serves more than 600,000 patients in the community structure of the Hospital of Specialized Medicine in Physical and Hearing Disabilities and Rehabilitation, besides all the internals per year.
To function properly, offering a quality service to beneficiaries, the entity has the help of the community, pilgrims and government.