The Basilica Sanctuary of the Divine Eternal Father represents a little piece of heaven in the heart of Brazil. A sacred place where God communicates with men. Cozy space that uniquely reveals the merciful love of the Lord. In Trinity (GO), the House of the Father represents the faith of the faithful in an exciting devotion that began around 1840.
On the centenary of the Romaria, in 1943, the Archbishop of Goiás, then Dom Emanuel Gomes de Oliveira, launched the Fundamental Stone of the current Sanctuary. In 1955, despite all efforts, the work had not yet gone off the ground. Already in 1957, with the creation and installation of the Archdiocese of Goiânia, Bishop Fernando Gomes dos Santos presented a project for the construction. Thus, from 1974, the Novenas and the Feast of the Divine Eternal Father were already held at the place. In 1994, with the help of the pilgrims and devotees, the temple was totally reformed, becoming even more worthy of being called “Sanctuary of the Divine Eternal Father”.
Romaria gained strength and recognition of the House of the Father. On April 4, 2006, the then Pope Benedict XVI, at the request of the Archbishop of Goiânia, Bishop Washington Cruz C.P., granted the title of “Minor Basilica” to the Shrine. On November 18 of the same year, the installation of the Sacred Basilica was made, the only one in the world dedicated to the Divine Eternal Father.