Trindade, a town in the Metropolitan Region of Goiânia, Goiás, breathes Religious Tourism. The municipality, which completes 94 years in 2014, was born and grows out of devotion to the Divine Eternal Father, that has existed for 174 years.
It all started around 1840, when the clay medallion with the image of the Holy Trinity crowning the Virgin Mary was found in the region of Barro Preto, which later on happened to be named Trindade. Thereafter, the number of pilgrims has increased over the years.
According to the IBGE 2010 census, Trindade has just over 104,000 inhabitants. Located about 17 km From Goiânia (GO), the city known as the Capital of the Faith of Goiás, is an important point of pilgrimage in Brazil.
At the time of the Pilgrimage of the Divine Eternal Father, which happens during ten days between June and July, Trindade receives about 2.5 million people, and only in 2013 were 2.7 million. In a whole year, the number of visitors is around 4 million.
The creation of the Strategic Planning Draft for Religious Tourism of Trinidad in 2008 has helped the promotion of actions to improve housing and meals. Currently there are over 100 hotels and inns and about 50 restaurants in the city.