175 years ago, the Father chose a city and chose a people to reveal the face of His Love. A simple and humble village, devout to God’s Word, without many possessions, but rich in love. No major economies, but spirited by hope. These features are most important to structure devotion.
The story, which is today in the hearts of millions of believers around the world, began around 1840, when the couple Constantino Xavier and Ana Rosa de Oliveira settled near the stream Barro Preto, that later received the name of Trindade, about 20 km from the capital Goiânia (GO).
One day while working in the field, Constantino’s grubber hit something hard, and it did not look like a simple stone. The couple had found a beautiful religious medallion clay, with approximately 8 cm and that represented the Holy Trinity crowning the Virgin Mary. Delighted, he kissed the sacred medallion that would change the lives of the people of that region. There began the devotion to the Divine Eternal Father, which got its first sanctuary in a family residence.
Demonstrating their faith, love and devotion, the couple took the image home and along with their family, began to pray the rosary, especially on weekends. Numerous prodigies, graces and miracles began to happen. Word spread and other locals joined Constantino and Ana Rosa. To receive the new devotees they built the first chapel covered with leaves of Buriti around 1843.
Two years after the start of prayers around the medallion, Constantino went to Pirenópolis, over 120 km from the then Barro Preto, and sought the artist Veiga Valle in order to restore the medallion. Advised by the artist, Constantino decided to make a replica of the figure of the Holy Trinity crowning Mary in a larger size, carved in wood. Hence the image became the great patron of the devotion to the Divine Eternal Father.